Residential Rehabilitation Loan Program
The Residential Rehabilitation Loan Program provides low-interest property improvement loans and technical assistance to qualified very-low-income homeowners to make basic repairs and improvements, correct substandard conditions, and eliminate health and safety hazards.
- Maximum loan amount is $35,000.
- In cases of financial hardship, no monthly payments are required and repayment of the loan is deferred, either for a specified period or until the property is sold or title to the property is transferred (interest accrues at 5% per year, simple interest).
To be eligible for the Residential Rehabilitation Loan Program, you must meet the following guidelines:
- You are the legal owner of the property in need of repair.
- You reside in the property as your principal residence.
- You are within the income limits for very low income.
2019 HUD Area Median Income Limits
How do I apply?
For more information or to request a brochure or a Rehab Loan application, please call (415) 491-2550. Complete the application; then call back and schedule an appointment at your home with the program's rehab specialist. To download and print the Rehab Loan program brochure, click on the following link (download is in PDF format):
2019 Residential Rehabilitation Loan Brochure
2019 Residential Rehabilitation Loan Brochure - Spanish
2019 Residential Rehabilitation Loan Brochure - Vietnamese
2019 Residential Rehabilitation Loan Application - English
2019 Residential Rehabilitation Loan Application - Spanish
Download Adobe Reader in order to view the files above: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
Please Give Us Your Feedback
Help us improve this site for you, give us your feedback please.