Residential Rehabilitation Loan Program
The Residential Rehabilitation Loan Program provides low-interest property improvement loans and technical assistance to qualified very-low-income homeowners to make basic repairs and improvements, correct substandard conditions, and eliminate health and safety hazards.
- Maximum loan amount is $35,000.
- In cases of financial hardship, no monthly payments are required and repayment of the loan is deferred, either for a specified period or until the property is sold or title to the property is transferred (interest accrues at 5% per year, simple interest).
To be eligible for the Residential Rehabilitation Loan Program, you must meet the following guidelines:
- You are the legal owner of the property in need of repair.
- You reside in the property as your principal residence.
- You are within the income limits for very low income.
How do I apply?
For more information or to request a brochure or a Rehab Loan application, please call (415) 491-2550. Complete the application; then call back and schedule an appointment at your home with the program's rehab specialist. To download and print the Rehab Loan program brochure, click on the following link (download is in PDF format):
Download Adobe Reader in order to view the files above: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
4020 Civic Center Drive
San Rafael CA 94903
Phone: (415) 491-2525
Fax: (415) 472-2186
TDD: (800) 735-2929
Marin Housing's office hours:
Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.